TOS, Privacy, & Cookie Policies, & Content Disclaimer
Terms and Conditions (“Terms”)
Please read these Terms and Conditions (“Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”) carefully before using the captainjetson.com website (the “Service”) operated by Captain Jetson® Airline & Travel News (“us”, “we”, or “our”).
Your access to and use of the Service is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. These Terms apply to all visitors, users, and others who access or use the Service.
By accessing or using the Service you agree to be bound by these Terms. If you disagree with any part of the terms then you may not access the Service.
Links To Other Web Sites
Our Service may contain links to third-party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Captain Jetson Airline & Travel News.
Captain Jetson Airline & Travel News has no control over and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Captain Jetson airline & Travel News shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with the use of or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such websites or services.
We strongly advise you to read the terms and conditions and privacy policies of any third-party websites or services that you visit.
We may terminate or suspend access to our Service immediately, without prior notice or liability, for any reason whatsoever, including without limitation if you breach the Terms.
All provisions of the Terms which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
These Terms shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of California, United States, without regard to its conflict of law provisions.
Our failure to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be considered a waiver of those rights. If any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable by a court, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in effect. These Terms constitute the entire agreement between us regarding our Service, and supersede and replace any prior agreements we might have between us regarding the Service.
We reserve the right, at our sole discretion, to modify or replace these Terms at any time. What constitutes a material change will be determined at our sole discretion.
By continuing to access or use our Service after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised terms. If you do not agree to the new terms, please stop using the Service.
- NATURE OF SITE: Captainjetson.com is an AIrline and Travel News site with ever-changing content, including conversations and comments.
- OPINIONATED CONTENT: The content at captainjetson.com strictly contains the opinion of the writer(s), often referred to as Captain Jetson Journalists and does not reflect upon the opinions of any organization or person the writer(s) may or may not be affiliated with.
- HOLD HARMLESS CLAUSE: The information presented in the content are for informational and/or entertainment purpose only and shall not be seen as any kind of advice, such as Legal, Consulting, Emotional, Financial, Contractual, or other types of advice. Readers relying on any information in the content do such at their own risk. Consult a qualified professional before taking any sort of action.
- NOT A PROFESSIONAL: Captainjetson.com is not a professional or qualified to give professional advice within fields such as Legal, Consulting, Emotional, Financial, Contractual, Medical, Accounting, or other professional fields.
- DISCLOSURE: Captain Jetson or Captain Les is and has been an airline pilot/captain for a major U.S. airline, since 1987.
- RESERVATION OF RIGHTS: Captainjetson.com reserves the right to change how the content is managed or run. Furthermore, the focus or the content of the articles may be changed at any time.
- The information contained on the captainjetson.com website (the “Service”) is for general information purposes only.
- Captain Jetson Airline & Travel News assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in the contents on the Service.
- Captain Jetson Airline & Travel News do not warrant that the website is free of viruses or other harmful components.
- In no event shall Captain Jetson Airline & Travel News be liable for any special, direct, indirect, consequential, or incidental damages or any damages whatsoever, whether in an action of contract, negligence or other torts, arising out of or in connection with the use of the Service or the contents of the Service. We reserve the right to make additions, deletions, or modifications to the contents of the Service at any time without prior notice.
External Links Disclaimer
The captainjetson.com website may contain links to external websites that are not provided or maintained by or in any way affiliated with Captain Jetson Travel Site
Please note that we do not guarantee the accuracy, relevance, timeliness, or completeness of any information on these external websites.
Captainjetson.com – Airline & Travel Site: Copyright © Notice
All rights reserved. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from captainjetson.com’s author and/or owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Captainjetson.com, with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
Third-party vendors information
Google and others’ use of advertising cookies enables them and their partners to serve ads to you based on your visit to their sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
You may opt-out of personalized advertising by visiting your browser’s ads settings. For example, if you use Google, you can set your ad settings here.
Please see the disclosure on any use of data in regards to Google services on captainjetson.com by reading How Google uses the data page.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are automatically placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit almost any website. They are stored by your internet browser. Cookies contain basic information about your Internet use, but they do not normally identify you personally. Your browser sends these cookies back to the site every time you revisit it, so it can recognize your computer or mobile device and personalize and improve your site experience.
We work with third-party advertisers to give you access to interesting and exciting travel content through our website. We allow some advertisers who display advertisements on our site to set cookies, known as “third party cookies”, such as Google Adsense. These cookies record information about your use of advertisements. This helps advertisers to show you advertisements that are more likely to interest you, limit the number of times you may see an advertisement and to help to improve your online experience.
Advertising cookies help ensure that the advertisements you see on Captain Jetson are as relevant to you as possible. For example, some advertising cookies help select advertisements that are based on your interests. Others help prevent the same advertisement from continuously reappearing for you.
We also want to make it as easy as possible for you to share content from Captain Jetson through your favorite social networks. Social networking sites, such as Facebook, may set cookies that recognize you when you view content on our Web site and allow you to share content across both sites via the use of sharing settings.
Managing your cookie settings
You have the right to choose whether to accept cookies.
You can manage cookies through the settings of your internet browser. You can have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, delete individual cookies or delete all cookies.
Please note that, if you choose to delete Captain Jetson cookies, your access to some functionality and areas of our website may be degraded or restricted.
Captain Jetson is committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy or our practices with regard to your personal information, please contact us.
- What information do we collect?
The personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, passwords and security data, payment information, and social media login data.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at the Sites or Apps, expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our products and services, when participating in activities on the Sites or Apps or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Sites or Apps, the choices you make, and the products and features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data. We may collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
Credentials. We may collect passwords, password hints, and similar security information used for authentication and account access.
Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by our payment processor and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your questions.
Social Media Login Data. We provide you with the option to register using social media account details, like your Facebook, Twitter, or other social media account. If you choose to register in this way, we will collect the Information described in the section called “How Do We Handle Your Social Logins” below.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information, such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics, is collected automatically when you visit our Sites or Apps.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use or navigate the Sites or Apps. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser, and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URL’s, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Sites or Apps and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Sites or Apps, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
Information collected through our Apps
In Short: We may collect information regarding your and Facebook permissions when you use our apps.
If you use our Apps, we may also collect the following information:
Facebook Permissions. We by default access your Facebook basic account information, including your name, email, gender, birthday, current city, and profile URL, as well as other information that you choose to make public. We may also request access to other permissions related to your accounts, such as friends, check-ins, and likes, and you may choose to grant or deny us access to each individual permission. For more information regarding Facebook permission, refer to the Facebook Permissions Reference page.
Information collected from other sources
In Short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, social media platforms, and other outside sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (such as Facebook), as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include social media profile information (your name, gender, birthday, email, current city, state and country, user identification numbers for your contacts, profile picture URL and any other information that you choose to make public); marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
- How do we use your information?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfillment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Sites or Apps for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in reliance on our legitimate business interests, in order to enter into or perform a contract with you, with your consent, and/or for compliance with our legal obligations. We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We and/or third-party marketing partners may use personal information if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of marketing emails at any time (see the “What are your privacy rights” below).
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you the product, service, and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To post testimonials. We post testimonials on our Sites or Apps that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, please contact us here and be sure to include your name, testimonial location, and contact information.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in competitions.
- Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Sites or Apps.
- To protect our Sites. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Sites or Apps safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Sites or Apps, products, services, marketing, and your experience.
- Will your information be shared with anyone?
In Short: We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to protect your rights, or to fulfill business obligations.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Consent: We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information for a specific purpose.
- Legitimate interests: We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests.
- Performance of a Contract: Where we have entered into a contract with you, we may process your personal information to fulfill the terms of our contract.
- Legal Obligations: We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests: We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Vendors, Consultants, and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third-party vendors, service providers, contractors, or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service, and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Sites or Apps, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Sites or Apps over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content, and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, the sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or portion of our business to another company.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Sites or Apps. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website(s) and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Do we use Google Maps?
In Short: Yes, we use Google Maps for the purpose of providing better service.
By using our Maps API Implementation, you agree to be bound by Google’s Terms of Service.
- How do we handle your social logins?
In Short: If you choose to register or log in to our websites using a social media account, we may have access to certain information about you.
Our Sites or Apps offer you the ability to register and log in using your third-party social media account details (like your Facebook or Twitter logins). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, e-mail address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public. If you log in using Facebook, we may also request
access to other permissions related to your accounts, such as friends, check-ins, and likes, and you may choose to grant or deny us access to each individual permission.
- What is our stance on third-party websites?
In Short: We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third-party providers who advertise, but are not affiliated with, our websites.
- How long do we keep your information?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
- How do we keep your information safe?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organizational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, the transmission of personal information to and from our Sites or Apps is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
- Do we collect information from minors?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age.
We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 18 years of age. By using the Sites or Apps, you represent that you are at least 18 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Sites or Apps. If we learn that personal information from users less than 18 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data we have collected from children under the age of 18, please contact us here.
- What are your privacy rights?
In Short: In some regions, such as the European Economic Area, you have rights that allow greater access to and control over your personal information. You may review, change, or terminate your account at any time.
In some areas (like the European Economic Area), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. To make such a request, please use the contact details provided below. We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. Please note however that this will not affect the lawfulness of the processing before its withdrawal.
If you are resident in the European Economic Area and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites or Apps. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by our advertisers on our Sites or Apps visit https://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out you may:
- Note your preferences when you register an account with the site.
- Controls for Do-Not-Track Features
- Do California residents have specific privacy rights?
In Short: Yes, if you are a resident of California, you are granted specific rights regarding access to your personal information.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits our users who are California residents to request and obtain from us, once a year and free of charge, information about categories of personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes and the names and addresses of all third parties with which we shared personal information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to us using the contact information provided below.
If you are under 18 years of age, reside in California, and have a registered account with the Sites or Apps, you have the right to request removal of unwanted data that you publicly post on the Sites or Apps. To request the removal of such data, please contact us using the contact information provided below, and include the email address associated with your account and a statement that you reside in California. We will make sure the data is not publicly displayed on the Sites or Apps, but please be aware that the data may not be completely or comprehensively removed from our systems.
- Do we make updates to this policy?
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
- How can you contact us about this policy?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may contact us.
Our postal mailing address is:
3016 East Colorado Blvd. #70941
Pasadena, CA 91117
CaptainJetson.com Contributors and Collaborators
Most of the work performed on CaptainJetson.com (in any capacity, for instance, writers, marketers, Editors, SEO personnel, etc.) come from volunteers. Working with CaptainJetson.com (unpaid or paid) means that Captainjetson.com and the party working with CaptainJetson.com do such with a full understanding that either you or CaptainJetson.com can terminate our agreement to work together, or to collaborate, at any time, for any or no reason, time, without any pre-notice required by either party.
When payment for work performed is due to you from Captain Jetson
If payment to you is agreed upon or involved with any type of work performed for Captain Jetson we will pay you in full in United States Dollar (USD) currency only, at the pre-agreed upon amount into our pre-agreed third-party payment processing source (i.e. PayPal, a transfer into your bank account, Western Union, or any other third-party company we choose and agree to use for payment(s) to you.
We are not responsible for any fees, deductions, exchange rates, or any other factors that may affect your total withdrawal amount through the third-party payment provider we use. It is understood that Captain Jetson has no control of independent third-party payment providers’ procedures, rules, or policies, as those factors are entirely based on the agreement between your payment processor account and you only.
Captain Jetson Writers/Journalists Contributors
We reserve all rights to accept, reject, edit, add, improve, omit, or delete content submitted by our writers, unpaid or paid. We sometimes work with tight publishing deadlines. Prior to publishing we may or may not make the article submitted by you available for your pre-review.
Affiliate, Sponsor & Advertiser Disclosure
See our Affiliate Disclosure.
Agreement and Full Content Disclaimer
This disclaimer (“Disclaimer”, “Agreement”) is an agreement between Captain Jetson Aviation and Travel News, hereby referred to as “Captain Jetson”, “us”, “we” or “our”) and you (“user”, “you” or “your”). This Disclaimer sets forth the general guidelines, terms, and conditions of your use of the captainjetson.com website and any of its products or services (collectively, “Website” or “Services”).
Any views or opinions represented in this Website belong solely to the Content creators and do not represent those of people, institutions, or organizations that the Captain Jetson or creators may or may not be associated with professionally or personally unless explicitly stated. Any views or opinions are not intended to malign any religion, ethnic group, club, organization, company, or individual.
You may not modify, print, or copy any part of the Website. Inclusion of any part of this Website in another work, whether in printed or electronic or another form or inclusion of any part of the Website in another website by embedding, framing, or otherwise without the express permission of Captain Jetson is prohibited.
Indemnification and Warranties
While we have made every attempt to ensure that the information contained on the Website is correct, Captain Jetson is not responsible for any errors or omissions, or for the results obtained from the use of this information.
All information on the Website is provided “as is”, with no guarantee of completeness, accuracy, timeliness or of the results obtained from the use of this information, and without warranty of any kind, express or implied.
In no event will Captain Jetson, or its partners, volunteers, associates, employees or agents, be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken in reliance on the information on the Website or for any consequential, special or similar damages, even if advised of the possibility of such damages.
Information on the Website is for general information purposes only and is not intended to provide legal, financial, medical, or any other type of professional advice. Please seek professional assistance should you require such. The information contained on the Website and any pages linked to and from it are subject to change at any time and without warning.
We reserve the right to modify this Disclaimer relating to the Website or Services at any time, effective upon posting of an updated version of this Disclaimer on the Website. When we do we will revise the updated date at the bottom of this page. Continued use of the Website after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
Occasionally we may open the website for public posting. When and if we do, you may submit comments for the Content available on the Website. By uploading or otherwise making available any information to Captain jetson, you grant Captain Jetson the unlimited, perpetual right to distribute, display, publish, reproduce, reuse, and copy the information contained therein.
You may not impersonate any other person through the Website. You may not post content that is defamatory, fraudulent, obscene, threatening, invasive of another person’s privacy rights or that is otherwise unlawful.
You may not post content that infringes on the intellectual property rights of any other person or entity. You may not post any content that includes any computer virus or other code designed to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any computer software or hardware. By submitting or posting Content on the Website, you grant Captain Jetson the right to edit and, if necessary, remove any Content at any time and for any reason.
You acknowledge that you have read this Disclaimer and agree to all its terms and conditions. By accessing the Website you agree to be bound by this Disclaimer. If you do not agree to abide by the terms of this Disclaimer, you are not authorized to use or access the Website.
How you can contact us
If you would like to contact us to understand more about this Disclaimer or wish to contact us concerning any matter relating to it, you may contact us using our contact form.